FAQs about Sooner Health Care for Dental Health

Written by blogadmin on . Posted in Uncategorized

FAQs about Sooner Health Care for Dental Health

SoonerCare, or Sooner health care coverage, is the Oklahoma Medicaid program. It is jointly funded by the state government of Oklahoma and the federal government of the United States as the former’s health coverage program. It is administered by the Oklahoma Health Care Authority (OHCA), which means that the state agency determines who is eligible and who is ineligible for its availment.

Who is qualified for the Sooner health care coverage? Eligible individuals must be:

• A resident of Oklahoma;

• A U.S. citizen or a qualified alien; and

• Meet the resource and financial income standards in certain categories

If you are unsure about your eligibility, your best course of action is to ask the OHCA for more information. You will be provided with the necessary information and forms for enrolment, if and when you meet the criteria.

What services are paid for by SoonerCare? It depends because the health coverage has sections solely for children and for adults as well as for both cohorts. In general, nonetheless, the services covered include doctor visits, prescriptions, and hospitalizations.

For example, dental services covered by the health coverage program are limited only to adults. Adults residing in nursing facilities can also have their dentures covered by the program. Ask your dentist about coverage for whatever dental procedure you are about to undergo just to be on the safe side.

What is its cost? Sooner health care coverage is free for individuals who meet income guidelines. But like all health care coverage program in the country, co-pays are also available in a few services.

It must be emphasized that SoonerCare is different from Medicare; the latter is a federal health insurance program providing coverage mostly for individuals 65 years old and above as well as for individuals with specific disabilities.

Trackback from your site.